Tuesday, October 14

Market failure?

we say that this ideology is failing, I beg to differ. I actually believe it has been enormously successful, enormously successful, just not on the terms that we learn about in University of Chicago textbooks, that I don’t think the project actually has been the development of the world and the elimination of poverty. I think this has been a class war waged by the rich against the poor, and I think that they won.

And I think the poor are fighting back. This should be an indictment of an ideology. Ideas have consequences. - Naomi Klein




Check out a Sensible Plan for Recovery from the Institute for Policy Studies
• Don’t finance the bailout with more debt
• Make Wall Street speculators pay now
• Raise $900 billion in new revenue
• Stimulate Main Street and the real economy



No comments: